[Stackless] import dynamic module [pyd]

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:17:27 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, Suthat <dot_st at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I follow to your instructions and compiles with cygwin. It errors and
> can not completed compiled it. I should try compile with another compiler
> (MSVC++) , don't I?

If you were able to compile the Stackless code with the Stackless
parts turned on, there is no reason you should be getting compilation
errors with Stackless turned off.  I would not rule out this approach,
and would look at the errors and try and work out why they are
happening.

The first thing you might do, is check what 2.5.1 code you have.
Where did you get it from?

Was it from this SVN branch?
http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/tags/python-2.51/ This would
be a good version of the source code to use.

Was it from this archive?
http://www.stackless.com/binaries/stackless-251-export.tar.bz2 This
would be a good version of the source code to use.

If not, where was it from?

This would be a bad version of the source code to use:
http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release25-maint/

Now, if you have a bad version, get one of the good ones.  Preferably
the one from SVN.  If you had a good version already, well.. is it
possible you put the "#undef STACKLESS" in the wrong place or put it
in badly?  You should be able to compile it fine if you put it in the
right place.

You are welcome email any errors which you think might be relevant
which you get when you try to compile it, and I will take a look at
them.  But it is so unexpected that it is erroring in this case, that
I can't promise I can help.