[Stackless] Connecting To A Database

Seun Osewa seun.osewa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 02:28:28 CEST 2007

Hello Guys,

I'm in love with the way Stackless combines the simplicity of
procedural programming and the performance and memory efficiency of
asynchronous web programming.  I also enjoy the determinism of
cooperative micro-threading.

I'm about to start writing my own scripts for new webapps and I'd like
to standardize on Stackless Python.  I was able to create a minimal
SCGI server for Stackless Python using the stacklesssocket module.
But there's one big hurdle left to be crossed:

Databases!  I need a database solution that will not cause me to lose
the performance benefits of using stackless python.  None seems to
exist for Stackless.  I'm sure there are others who are waiting for
this same solution.

What can we do to get MySQL/PostgreSQL/Sqlite3 database support on
Stackless python?

Thanks,
Seun Osewa
http://www.seunosewa.com/