[Stackless] threading.local analogue to tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:02:45 CEST 2007

On 6/21/07, Arnar Birgisson <arnarbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any
> way to specify that my tasklet class should be used as the default
> instead of stackless.tasklet? Is there any way to use a different

Well, I imagine you could monkey-patch it in by either replacing
stackless.tasklet directly and seeing if that works or monkey-patching
__new__ on stackless.tasklet if it doesn't.

But I personally think that is bad practice and it is better to write
your own helper module which you go to for things like creating new
tasklets, like CCP has a modified version of uthread.py:

http://stacklessexamples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/libraries/uthread-ccp/uthread.py

> class than stackless.tasklet for the main tasklet?

I doubt it.  But then I don't really see a need.

> Anyways.. I just keep one shared state for all tasklets that are not
> derived from my custom one. As long as I have control over tasklet
> creation, that should only be the main tasklet then.

Right.