[Stackless] threading.local analogue to tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:18:51 CEST 2007

On 6/21/07, Arnar Birgisson <arnarbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/21/07, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But I personally think that is bad practice and it is better to write
> > your own helper module which you go to for things like creating new
> > tasklets, like CCP has a modified version of uthread.py:
> >
> > http://stacklessexamples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/libraries/uthread-ccp/uthread.py
>
> Will .atomic() cause problems if I'm not using preemtive scheduling?

There is no atomic anymore :-)

Python 2.5 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (release25-maint, Oct  4 2006,
12:32:12) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import stackless
>>> stackless.atomic
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'slpmodule' object has no attribute 'atomic'