[Stackless] Santa concurrency problem

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Mar 28 20:06:40 CEST 2007

On 28.03.2007, at 19:45, Brian Zimmer wrote:

> I removed all the wxPython code but it still exhibits the same
> behaviour as the original sleep in that it pins a cpu in a busy wait.
> The best overall solution appears to be (in my limited
> understanding of
> Stackless) the tiny sleep 0.001 seconds because it doesn't appear to
> significantly change the behaviour of the application and keeps the
> stackless process out of the top spot in top.  Of course this is
> highly
> dependent on the application, as I'm learning.

Ah, sure. In that code, I didn't try to save cycles, but to provide
rather exact timing. Of course the tiny sleep makes sense.
This application had always lots of work, so this was not an issue.
The reason not to use sleep was granularity, because I wanted
to see a mouse event, quickly. Probably no problem with a small
enough sleep.

cheers - chris