[Stackless] Fwd: Re: Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:28:23 CEST 2007

On 3/31/07, Caleb J. Howard <caleb at howlor.com> wrote:
> Seeing as how this discussion has broadened, I'll forward the email with the
> stack trace which I just sent to Richard.

As sip can be imported directly without the type initialisation error,
what I would need to do to debug why this is happening is have access
to a machine where I can step through first "import sip" and then
"from PyQT import QtCore" to compare what is different in either case.

Stackless bugs are generally reproducible on any platform which
Stackless runs on.  If not much is involved, I might try and compile
PyQT myself against Stackless on Windows and see if I get this bug.

Anyway, if anyone can reproduce this problem on a machine they can
give me access to, let me know, otherwise I will try the Windows local
compiled version approach and hope for the best.