[Stackless] Google Summer of Code - PSF

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 10:07:42 CET 2007

On 3/17/07, Carlos Eduardo de Paula <carlosedp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was taking a look at Python.org SoC wiki page
> (http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode).
>
> I was thinking about if is there any proposal that would be
> interesting to be evaluated in stackless.
>
> The PyPy project is already under PSF umbrella, maybe we could have
> some ideas and try to put it under PSF too.
>
> To my point of view, mentors would be no problem... Christian,
> Richard, Andrew... sorry if I forgot anyone but we have a lot of gurus
> here...
>
> It was just an idea to be evaluated...

It is definitely a good idea.  In the interest of making it easier for people
to step forward and propose Stackless related projects, I have gone
through the motions of adding myself as a mentor for Stackless Python.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/Mentors

As I read the PSF summer of code web page, it should be fine for
Stackless projects to be under the PSF umbrella.  However, if my
request to join the mentors mailing list goes through I will take that
as the first step in confirming this.  And I will follow it up by
contacting James Tauber to make sure.

I will not be creating a list of projects for people to work on.  I am
just offering to serve as a mentor for Stackless related projects
so that there is someone available if there is a student who
wants to work on a Summer of Code related project on Stackless.
If there is anyone else out there who has the time, interest
and skill to mentor a Stackless project, please step forward
so I can step down :-)