[Stackless] stackless socket, curiouser and curiouser

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Mar 9 19:43:54 CET 2007

On 28.02.2007, at 11:35, Paul Sijben wrote:

> Andrew Dalke wrote:
>> On Feb 27, 2007, at 6:33 AM, Paul Sijben wrote:

>> The main tasklet is special, for reasons I don't understand.  It
>> does not let you block it through a channel send.  Try running the
>> same code in a tasklet.

The main tasklet is a bit special, but not the way you think.
If it refuses to block, then only because it is the last running
tasklet. It has to complain, because nobody would be able
t wake it up, again.
It is just typical that main happens to be the only running one.
You can produce the same situation by creating a tasklet
thyat blocks on a channel.
if you execute that with stackless.run(), main is disabled
and your blocking tasklet is the only ne that can run,
and it will complain as well.

cheers - chris