[Stackless] Santa concurrency problem

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Mar 28 18:16:01 CEST 2007

On 28.03.2007, at 17:54, Greg Hazel wrote:

>> The code uses a bit of wxPython, but that can be removed.
>
> Just a warning - Stackless and wxPython likely have problems together.
> With greenlets, wxYield can cause serious errors, since it does stack
> swapping of it's own. On Windows, at least.

Sure, there is a load of things to avoid with wx.
Mouse events for instance are (were 2 years ago) living
as a local variable on the stack, so if you want a tasklet
driven mouse driver (which is very nice), you need to
save all mouse status in an extra object and pass that to
the driver.
wxYield I know nothing about, but using concurrent
stack switching approaches is of course a bad idea.

As said this example is not about wx, but some idea
how to patch time-aware behavior into stackless.

ciao -- chris