[Stackless] Stackless + PyQt example

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 23:21:57 CET 2007

On 3/2/07, Carlos Eduardo de Paula <carlosedp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago I created a small producer-consumer application
> integrated with PyQt.
>
> The application uses no threads, all is done by tasklets, simple but i
> think the example is valid and can be extended.
>
> The next example i will create a producer-consumer with the queue as a
> separate process all comunicating using Twisted perspective broker
> over a TCP connection. I will create one with a PyQt interface and one
> with text output.
>
> Richard, if you think the example is ok, it can be added to the wiki
> or the sandbox.

Absolutely.  The more examples the better as far as I am concerned.
I have checked this in:

  http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/sandbox/examples/pyqt/producer-consumer/

However, I am starting to wonder if the sandbox is really the best place
for things like these.

One alternative I have been considering is just having people host the
examples themselves.  And then pasting the links into the wiki examples
page in the appropriate place with some description:

  http://www.stackless.com/wiki/Examples

Or starting a google code project for the examples so that access can
be given out to the checked in files to the author.  This isn't really
practical with the python.org repository.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?