[Stackless] Fwd: Re: Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 12:40:31 CEST 2007

On 3/31/07, Hieu Hoang <hieu.d.hoang at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can reproduce this crash with Python 2.6a0, Stackless 3.1b3, svn rev
> trunk:54612 on AMD64, python-sip 4.5.2, and I do *not* have PyQt3 or 4
> installed. Steps to reproduce are::
>
>    >>> import sip
>    >>> help(sip)

Ah.  But you are using the trunk.  The Stackless trunk is 2.5 with
periodic (but no recent) merges in from the mainline trunk.  It is not
guaranteed not to crash or to have the fixes from the maintained
branch (release25-maint) in it either.  This does not mean you do not
have a valid crash, but it does mean we can assume it is related to
the problems seen here.

How did you compile sip?  Did you see the compilation problems which
were in this mail from Carlos?

http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2007-January/002154.html

Why hasn't anyone but Carlos seen these problems?  Perhaps compilers
other than MSVC are more forgiving about differing struct
initialisation levels.  Whether it might be the cause of our problems
is something worth looking into.