[Stackless] Fwd: Re: Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Hieu Hoang hieu.d.hoang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 12:00:34 CEST 2007

On 3/31/07, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stackless bugs are generally reproducible on any platform which
> Stackless runs on.  If not much is involved, I might try and compile
> PyQT myself against Stackless on Windows and see if I get this bug.
>
> Anyway, if anyone can reproduce this problem on a machine they can
> give me access to, let me know, otherwise I will try the Windows local
> compiled version approach and hope for the best.

Hi people,

I can reproduce this crash with Python 2.6a0, Stackless 3.1b3, svn rev
trunk:54612 on AMD64, python-sip 4.5.2, and I do *not* have PyQt3 or 4
installed. Steps to reproduce are::

   >>> import sip
   >>> help(sip)

Attached is a gdb session with the crash. I will poke around to see if
there's a more specific crash case.

I'm on a pretty slow connection over in Melbourne, Aus, so I'm not
sure whether Richard can sort thing out quickly enough with my
machine. I don't know anything about VNC or ssh :)

If there're programs that doesn't behave when used with stackless's
shared lib, should I also post a thread here? E.g. I have seen blender
and vim had SIGSEGV and SIGABRT in that case.

Regards,
  Hieu