[Stackless] Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Caleb J. Howard caleb at howlor.com
Fri Mar 30 16:21:35 CEST 2007

Thanks for the quick reply and the kind offer.  I'm off to work right now, but
will sit to this again tonight - around 7:00 PST.  I haven't got VNC
installed I don't think, but do have an IRC client running.  If I can easily
install VNC, I'll do so.  Otherwise, I have years of experience in a support
role, so I've practice with human telepresence channels.  ;-)

Thanks again!  More tonight.  Sony awaits my right now.

-caleb

On Friday 30 March 2007 00:29, Richard Tew wrote:
> On 3/30/07, Caleb J. Howard <caleb at howlor.com> wrote:
> > - If I try to import some part of PyQt4, it segfaults.

> >         > !python
> >
> >         Python 2.4.3 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (#3, Mar 27 2007, 23:42:33)
> >         [GCC 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)] on linux2
> >         Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
> > information.
> >
> >         >>> from PyQt4 import QtGui
> >
> >         Segmentation fault
>
> Hi Caleb,
>
> Thanks for all the detailed information, if only all bug reports had them
> :-)
>
> It definitely looks like you have made progress and this is past the
> "not compiled against the right version of Python" problems, which
> means we need to see exactly what is going wrong. Can you provide a
> stack trace for this segmentation fault?
>
> While I have a linux box at my disposal, it only has the console
> available and no desktop.  But if you are willing to provide VNC
> access to your desktop maybe we can work together over IRC and get to
> the bottom of this, should there be a time suitable to both of us.
>
> Anyway, reply to the list with the stack trace.  And you can contact
> me off list about the VNC solution or something similar if you are
> interested should the stack trace not lead to any immediate solutions.
>
> > If anyone can give me some hints or pointers based on the above
> > information, or even better - an awesome shopping list of specific
> > downloads, compile configurations and installs to perform to guarantee
> > all compatibility, that would be *greatly* appreciated  (of course).
>
> Given that PyQT imports and you got far enough to get a segmentation
> fault.  I would be surprised if you needed any additional installs or
> downloads.
>
> > I'll probably have to give up on stackless if I can't get this running by
> > Saturday, so all help will be greatly, greatly appreciated.
>
> That would be a pity.  But it may be that PyQT just can't work nicely
> with Stackless on non-windows or mac platforms.  I seem to remember
> previous queries about it on those platforms going unanswered.
>
> Richard.

-caleb