[Stackless] Santa concurrency problem

Santiago Gala sgala at apache.org
Mon Mar 26 21:39:24 CEST 2007

El lun, 26-03-2007 a las 15:46 -0300, Carlos Eduardo de Paula escribió:
> Hello Brian,
>
> Based on your code, I adapted it to an object oriented approach.. the
> functionality is the same but it looks "cleaner" for me... :)
>
> Its a great example and if you would permit, I can add it to the
> stackless examples project. (Both approaches if you want).
>
> The code is here:        http://dpaste.com/hold/7433/

Something I don't completely understand.

I have not yet tested the haskell version ,but I did it with the erlang
one, and both stackless versions.

While the erlang version was not even noticeable in top, taking
negligible CPU time, both stackless versions were spinning to 100% CPU
(of one core, i.e. 50% system CPU time).

Is that a bug in the stackless versions, in my setup, or what? given
that modern CPUs are bound to shut down if too hot, and the the erlang
looked faster to me, it looks like there is a bug either in stackless or
in the implementation.

Regards
Santiago