[Stackless] Stackless Python for Python 2.5.1

Hieu Hoang hieu.d.hoang at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:10:11 CEST 2007

On 5/9/07, Alec Flett <alecf at flett.org> wrote:
> So what is the state of the amd64 support? I saw a lot of stuff exchanged a
> few weeks back with Hieu but I wasn't really sure of the conclusion.

My last attempt was adding the registers from switch_x64_masm.masm to
switch_unix_amd64.h like Richard instructed in
without progress so far.

> When I run the unit tests it seems to hang right here, taking up 100% CPU
> (interrupted with the Keyboard of course):
> [snip]
Sometimes I have this CPU spinnage on the first run of stackless's
unittests as well; after the first, they do complete with E's and F's.
I vaguely remember that my backtraces looked different to yours.
> Hieu - Did you ever have any luck here? did previous versions of stackless
> work for you?

Trunk and the python-2.5 release tag also have these E's and F's.
Richard said that these are to do with hard switching
Hope you can do without that part.

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com