[Stackless] Installing Stackless 2.5.1 on an Intel Mac

Sam Wilmott sam at wilmott.ca
Wed May 23 16:43:35 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I've attempted to install Stackless on a MacBook, and
somethings wrong; I don't know what.

I first upgraded to the generic Python 2.5.1 from
www.python.org and that worked just fine.  Then I realized
that for what I wanted to do I really needed Stackless, so I
downloaded the latest .dmg and clicked the .mpkg.  Went
through the steps just fine until I got to the install step
and it said that there was nothing to install!  The list of
clickable packages was all greyed out.  After a couple of
attempts I uninstalled all the Python I could find, from the
Applications folder and both of the Framework folders, but
that didn't help.

When I go "which python" it finds one in /usr/bin and that
one reports itself to be 2.3.5.  I think that's the one that
came with Mac OS X Tiger.

It looks to me like I'm overlooking something obvious, but
....  Help appreciated.

Sam.
Sam Wilmott
sam at wilmott.ca