[Stackless] Stackless Python for Python 2.5.1

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:57:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have merged in the final changes required for Stackless Python to be
Python 2.5.1.  Uploaded a snapshot of the source code.  Built Windows
binaries.  Etc.  Consider it released.

The only remaining known issue is that the amd64 linux platform is not
supported at this time.  This involves a large amount of effort which
I have not as yet had time for.

This release also includes two bug fixes:
- Pickling of code which has called send_sequence.
- Fixing TaskletExit to be a correctly defined exception (which could
cause crashes in obscure circumstances).

The Windows binaries were built with the free MS C toolkit.  The tests
all passed but the build process had some obstacles which leaves me a
little wary of possible problems.  None are expected, but.. it is
worth keeping in mind as a possible reason in case any do occur.

Enjoy!