[Stackless] Tasklet Slot Inheritance

Edward Faulkner ef at alum.mit.edu
Sun May 20 16:16:26 CEST 2007

I think it's an abstraction violation for the tasklet class to ever
modify state added in a derived class.  Conceptually, the tasklet
class shouldn't even know that state is there.  That's why I think the
typical python programmer will find this behavior surprising.

And in general, it's the programmer's responsibility to avoid cycles,
throughout python.  Is there a particular reason that these slots are
trickier than any other references?

In any case, thanks for all your work on stackless.  It's quite cool.

-Ed