[Stackless] SimpleHTTPServer on stackless 2.5.1

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:38:42 CEST 2007

On 5/12/07, Jim <jimsfba at aol.com> wrote:
> Hi, I made a slight modification on the stackless simple web server
> example to the following in order to use the functionality o f
> SimpleHTTPServer class.
> The server works fine for directory list, browsing small files. But when
> I tried to load any medium size html (> 200K) , it will block right away at

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the clear reproducibility instructions.  Unfortunately,
even with these instructions,  I am not able to reproduce your
problem.

I did the following:

 1. Downloaded and installed Python 2.5.1.
 2. Downloaded and installed the Stackless Python 2.5.1 files.
 3. Downloaded the stacklesssocket.py file from the link you gave.
 4. Wrote your problem script out to 'test.py'.
 5. Placed a 300k HTML file in the same directory.
 6. Placed a 200MB video file in the same directory.
 7. Tried downloading both files.

The HTML file downloaded fully, and the web server remained responsive
afterwards.   The video file I downloaded half of before I cancelled
the download, and the web server remained responsive during the
download as well.  By responsive, I mean it continued to allow me to
browse the directory tree it was serving.

The traceback you gave is typical of what you will see if the web
server is waiting for connections.

Without further information, I am unable to look further into your problems.