[Stackless] MD5 checksums for gzipped tarballs?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Nov 2 06:34:00 CET 2007

David.Sallis at noaa.gov wrote:
> I am developing a project using Stackless Python and it rocks.
> Stackless Python, that is.
>
> Before I can deploy Stackless on my production boxen the sysadmins
> insist on a digital signature for any software package we download, to
> include source code distributions.
>
> I note on your download page that you have MD5s for your binary
> distributions but not for your source code distributions.  Is it
> possible to post MD5s for those files as well?

I really love to hear that!

No idea if my helpers are ready to do that, right now.
If not, would you mind to get a Starship account?
You can do everything you like from there.

On the other hand, the whole Stackless stuff is hosted
by python.org.
What is the point of providing md5 sums?
Is python.org not treated as a trustable source?

cheers -- chris