[Stackless] Cell pickling bug

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:47:44 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 2:24 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
> There is something else wrong with pickling of cells.
> I will try to dig this up before a release.
> This bugged me on EuroPython, but I forgot it.

There is a cell which has a reference to the "sub" function and the
"sub" function has a reference to the cell in its closures.  The cell
gets created before the function, but does not get built (have
__setstate__ called on it) until after the function does.  And the
function won't recognise the cell until Stackless has fixed its type
when it is built.

I removed the call to PyCell_Check in funcobject.c:func_new() in order
to see whether that would be enough, but this just results in an
uncaught pickling error later on.

I don't see an easy fix :-(