[Stackless] Running Stackless without installing

Carlos Eduardo de Paula carlosedp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:27:36 CET 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 4:14 AM, Bjørn Hansen <holomorph at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built stackless and, not yet being prepared to replace the
> version of python packaged with my distro, tried running it without
> installing (just running './python' from the directory where I compiled
> it).  That seems to work just fine, but I have a few questions:
>
> First, does anyone know any potential pitfalls of running like this?
>
> Second, how do I install other modules not included with python?  In
> this case I am interested in using pygame with stackless.  My theory is
> that I should be able to sim-link the appropriate pygame modules from my
>  current python installation into the correct directories in my
> stackless tree, but either that doesn't work, or I'm not linking all of
> the files I need in the right place. Do I need to build pygame using the
> stackless source, or should the version I have installed be able to work?

Try to place a copy of your pygame dir from Lib/site-packages into the
newly compiled Lib/site-packages dir for stackless....

There are some modules that needs to be compiled with the Stackless
includes... some of them are psyco and PyQt... I've tested them both.

> And one last thing - anyone know a good way to search the archives for
> this mailing list?

Take a look on GMane... http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.stackless

It indexes the messages and let you search.

> Thanks,
>
> Bjørn

Visit Stackless Examples Project
http://code.google.com/p/stacklessexamples/