[Stackless] Multi core/cpu?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:08:16 CEST 2007

On 10/18/07, Allen Fowler <allen.fowler at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any (near-term) hope to fix the common case of trying to easily get
> more than one CPU core in a single physical machine to process tasklets?

No.  Not by anyone I can name on this list.  But if you want it, I
encourage you to give it a shot.  Most of the things people post about
wanting to this mailing list, they could probably write themselves if
they set themselves to it rather than to posting.

Put a Stackless Python interpreter on each core.  Make aware of each
other.  Then pickle the tasklets you  want to move to other cores, and
send them there.  Do the same across sockets to other cores on other
computers on the network.  There are some technical issues involved in
which tasklets can be pickled in this way, but finding out what they
are is half the fun.

> It would be a huge boon to me, and i'm sure many others.

Then I hope you will find value in giving it a shot.