[Stackless] Stackless Python 2.5.1 installer now available for Windows

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 23:35:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have finally gotten around to building an installer for Stackless on
Windows.  It should make Stackless seem a little more
official/mature/legitimate/etc to those for whome this matters.

Some thoughts..

You cannot have multiple versions of the same version of Python
installed in this manner.  And by same version, I mean of 2.5.  This
means of course that you cannot have both normal Python and Stackless
Python installed at the same time.  On one hand this means nothing
because if you do not use the stackless features the Stackless version
should behave exactly as the normal one would.  On the other where you
have the binary snapshots that you extracted over the normal
installation, the Stackless python dlls were just placed into the
Python25 directory overriding the normal ones which were installed
into system32, and they could be easily renamed temporarily to get
back your original normal installation.

A possible next step might be to add an installation option of
installing the monkey-patching or something equivalent, as part of the
installation process.

Anyway, this is a step forward for Stackless.  My own next step is to
get back to the testsuite which this was a distraction from.