[Stackless] Multi core/cpu?

Allen Fowler allen.fowler at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 23:41:59 CEST 2007

Concurrency is a tough nut to crack, which is why we've been happy to take
advantage of the free ride we've had the last few years while performance
scaled fairly well with clock speed.  Software to efficiently take
advantage of concurrent hardware is still a work in progress.  There has
been some discussion on python-dev about multi-core support, but don't
hold your breath for a solution in Python itself.

You should look at IPython1 (http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/IPython1).  I'm
not aware of anyone combining Stackless with IPython1, but it seems
doable.

Thanks for the link.

Seems like a great way to do this in interactive / iterative way.

(Python's strong suit, in the first place.)

http://mail.yahoo.com