[Stackless] Multi core/cpu?

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 01:01:29 CEST 2007

Steven H. Rogers wrote:
On Fri, October 19, 2007 00:17, Allen Fowler wrote:
> Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote: On 10/18/07, Allen Fowler
> wrote:
>> Is there any (near-term) hope to fix the common case of trying to
>> easily get more than one CPU core in a single physical machine to
>> process tasklets?
>
> No.  Not by anyone I can name on this list.  But if you want it, I
> encourage you to give it a shot.  ...

Does anyone know what happened to the Candygram project? In the docs, the
author said he was planning on moving toward microthreads rather than OS
threads... but I haven't been able to find any evidence of activity on the
project since 2004.

As long as I'm posting: I've also been waiting for a truly concurrent
microthread solution for Python. What I'd really like to find is an
implementation of the actor model, in which each actor gets its own private
microthread of execution and memory space, but actors can pass data around
by reference if they want to. Actors could only read data produced by
another actor. Is there a term for this system, and does anyone know of an
implementation in any language?

Thanks,
Anand