[Stackless] A new crash bug

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Oct 21 13:54:20 CEST 2007

Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> 1) Yes, the failure actually happened when gc_clear() is called on
 > the channel.  There are some four objects in the 'unreacable'
 > list at this time (including the frame belonging to the tasklet)
 > but it is the channel that is called first, and during the
 > awakening of the tasklet object that the longjump-like behaviour
 > appears.  As I said, I really have to singlestep further, since
 > the "step over" feature of the debugger is broken by the stackless
 > stack switching.  Whenever I step over stuff, I find myself in
 > the crash case...

Just as a hint: If you put a breakpoint into the slp_switch
asm code right before the stack change, then you are protected
from loosing control and getting into the crash case.
You just need to single step over those 3 or 4 instructions,
then you can continue faster.

Of course it is always a hassle to do this...

ciao - chris