[Stackless] Context Switching and Queues

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 17:01:06 CEST 2007

Hi Richard:

--- Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I have skimmed past parts of your post which
> would suggest this is not the case, but perhaps the
>'preference' attribute on the channel
> class will be of help?
>
> -1 = prefer receiver  1 = prefer sender  0 no
> preference

I set channel preference to 1 and yes, the new example
ran in .09 seconds, as opposed to on average, .3 !
This is a big improvement.

> I believe if you were to set this to 1 and a
> receiver was waiting on the other end, the sender
>would stay the current tasklet and the receiver would
>be put next in line to be scheduled.

So in my example, the one thousand tasklets are
unblocked and placed on the runnable list before the
sender yields. Interesting.

I have to study this more. Thanks a lot for the
information!

Cheers,
Andrew