[Stackless] Video on channels

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:47:10 CEST 2007

On 9/10/07, Johan Carlsson <johanc at easypublisher.com> wrote:
> In the yield version presented here won't the stack keep growing for
> each function call?

Yes, absolutely. On my system the stack blows up if goal is >= 999.

However, that doesn't bother me much. You see, I'm a mathematician so
*my* stacks are infinite. :)

> In the Stackless version the number of channels keeps growing, right?
> Which is the same case as in the Newsqueak version?

The Newsqeak version is the same as the stackless one, the number of
channels grow.

> (notice I just raise questions, because I haven't thought this through yet :-D)

If this interests you, I'd recommend that you look at the explanation
Pike gives in the video and try to implement your own version, before
studying the other versions. One can always use some extra insight :)

Arnar