[Stackless] PIL and Stackless

Rod userprogoogle-139 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 02:00:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am currently writing an image processing application which grabs a feed from a webcam, however there are certainly bottlenecks creeping in. I was thinking of converting it to Stackless Python but wanted to know if there would be much in the way of performance benefits and what experience others have had of Stackless and PIL (Python Image Library)? As I want to ship the application to others any alerts to potential problems which may arise with py2exe or py2app would be appreciated. Hence any stories past experiences are welcome!

FYI: I am currently developing on an Intel Mac (using Python 2.4.3) but the application will be ported to Windows and Linux shortly.

Best,

rod