[Stackless] Video on channels

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:04:57 CEST 2007

I do not expect it to 'compete' with C++, (if you want speed you use
C/C++, if you want ease of programming, use python, as you can see the
C++ version is vastly longer), but when it is an order of over 100
times slower (for the fastest one), that is a rather big difference, I
would really expect 12x at most if the python compiler did any numeric
optimizations at all (and as you saw, the psyco version of the
generator one was over twice the speed of the normal, and even then it
was still over 100 times slower then the C++ version).

Just the difference of a small expected difference to something that
is astronomical.  I have been using python for years, but I have never
done number crunching in it; I use it by embedding it into my programs
for scripting capabilities and workflow, not speed.

I wonder how well Erlang would fare, wonder if I have time to write it
up (back to work in a few minutes...).