[Stackless] PIL and Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Sep 12 23:04:46 CEST 2007

Rod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently writing an image processing application which grabs a
> feed from a webcam, however there are certainly bottlenecks creeping in.
> I was thinking of converting it to Stackless Python but wanted to know
> if there would be much in the way of performance benefits and what
> experience others have had of Stackless and PIL (Python Image Library)?
> As I want to ship the application to others any alerts to potential
> problems which may arise with py2exe or py2app would be appreciated.
> Hence any stories past experiences are welcome!

I have been using Stackless with PIL and wxPython to create large
apps, with no need to recompile anything. This is three years
ago, but I believe this is still true.
I also used Gordon McMillian's installer package with great success,
unfortunately the package and Gordon seem to have vanished.

ciao - chris