[Stackless] About Pickling Stackless with ZODB

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 20:03:49 CEST 2007

Hi Johan and Colleagues:

>Next thing I'm gonna play with is to create a Tasklet
>service and also a channel service (at least If i
>wanna pass channels around I need to store them some
>where).

Although I haven't used Zope, I am interested in
pickling tasklets and channels. Eventually I would
like to use a database. Some thoughts.

>The Tasklet service stores the tasklets and on
startup >can activate all tasklet that are alive.

I prototype WS-BPEL processors. I intend to use
pickling to store WS-BPEL scripts that have been
waiting a long time for I/O. From the experiments I
have done (I have posted on this over the past year) I
find that there are two specific issues pertaining to
pickling:

1. Pickling the state of the entire processor (for the
most part - this is relatively straightforward).

2. Pickling the state of an individual WS-BPEL script
(running in the processor). This is a bit more complex
since it would be nice to detract and re-attach
tasklets from channels (and make these scripts
candidates for garbage collection) - pickling does not
automatically do this. To help, I have a channel class
that has attach/detach methods. I haven't mastered the
ins and outs of pickling yet.

Right now one of things that most interests me is
pickling channels and tasklets in a common "package."
(right now, I use two separate files).

>I think there is still issues I'm gonna encounter,
>so I'm gonna go down this path a little bit further.

>I let you all know what I find.

I would be really interested to find out.

Cheers,
Andrew

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html