[Stackless] Barriers to getting stackless into Python trunk?

Guy Hulbert gwhulbert at eol.ca
Thu Sep 20 17:55:32 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:19 -0700, Jim Kleckner wrote:
> Python 3000 seems like a unique opportunity for converging
> and integrating stackless.  Comments?

I think it's a good idea.  Something I meant to investigate since I
joined this list was whether stackless is mentioned in Guido's
presentation at PyCon (there is a video available at google - I didn't
attend PyCon).

The slides are at the last link on this page:
http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/
but stackless does not seem to be mentioned.

Given that stackless seems to keep up with python releases and most
other flavours mentioned here
http://www.python.org/dev/implementations/
do not seem to have managed this, I think Guido would be willing to
include stackless in the main tree ... but his focus is the language.
Someone would probably have to volunteer to do the work to maintain it.
I'm not qualified.

--
--gh