[Stackless] Barriers to getting stackless into Python trunk?

Jim Kleckner jek-stackless at kleckner.net
Thu Sep 20 18:51:10 CEST 2007

Richard Tew wrote:
> On 9/20/07, Jim Kleckner <jek-stackless at kleckner.net> wrote:
>
>> What are the barriers to getting it integrated into the
>> main trunk development of Python (and presumably Python 3k) ?
>>

> There was related discussion on the python-dev mailing list earlier this year:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-February/071030.html
>
> I also thought this was a natural step for Stackless, but no longer
> think so.  I think Stackless is fine the way it is.  Time (at least
> mine) is better spent on fixing bugs, documentation and a final
> cross-platform IO solution.

This is an interesting thread, thanks.
For others, this seems the best summary link:
 http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-February/071042.html

Are there any changes to the core that, if adopted,
would reduce the effort of maintaining stackless?

At the risk of off-thread discussion, do you like the idea
of renaming stackless as microthreads?

Jim