[Stackless] Barriers to getting stackless into Python trunk?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:49:49 CEST 2007

On 9/20/07, Guy Hulbert <gwhulbert at eol.ca> wrote:
> What happens when python2 development stops?  Is stackless 3k possible
> or would that be too much work?

The proof is in the pudding.

I did not know how difficult it would be to port from Python 2.3.3 to
Python 2.4.2, but it turned out to be straightforward (ignoring the
legacy of my naive porting mistakes).  Not personally tracking the
changes to the interpreter code which differentiate 3000 from its
predecessors, only by attempting the port would I know its feasibility
or complexity.

This is assuming that I am the one who does the port.  Anyone is
welcome to give it a shot if they want to get more involved..
Anyone?..  Anyone?.. Bueller?

Anyway, this is all sometime in the indefinite future.  Who knows.