[Stackless] Stackless with ZODB

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Sep 21 18:21:04 CEST 2007

Johan Carlsson wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>> Johan Carlsson wrote:
>>> On 9/19/07, Johan Carlsson <johanc at easypublisher.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, here's a problem I found.
>>>
>>> If the tasks are blocked when I store them in the ZODB
>>> I can't add them back to the schedule with insert().
>>>
>>> Is there another way to get a unpickeled  tasklet into the scheduler?
>> Not yet. Right now, the idea is to pickle the according
>> channel as well.
>
> Yes, I might be the case that I don't have a problem...
> Is this correct:
>
> If i have a pickled channel with blocked tasklets,
> when the tasklets get activated again the may put them
> self back in the scheduler, for instance by calling schedule()?

There is actually not a provision to change the states ob
blocked tasklets. Maybe it is worth adding if needed.
But the idea behind channels is to pickle them with
their tasklet chain, and to unpickle them exactly in that
state. Insertion is automatic, just rend/receive on the channel. :-)

ciao - chris