[Stackless] Build stackless python for openwrt

沈崴 wileishn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:49:01 CEST 2008

I want to use stackless python on my asus wl-hdd network storage [1] (MIPS)
using openwrt [2] the whiterussian rc6 [3].

The 'Buildroot[4]' is ready, then I cross compile [5] the stackless python
for the openwrt.

At first, configure script failed at '%zd printf() format support', but I
canceled this checking (by edited the configure script), and pass it.

Make all right, but this python is broken by 'subversion keywords missing'.
To fix it, I edit the 'sysmodule.c' [6] file, change the 'svnversion_init' into:

	static void svnversion_init(void)
	{
		svn_revision = "";
		svn_initialized = 1;
		return;
	}

Re-make is OK, now I get the python, but just the python not stackless python.
I find the stackless module has not been built in.

Can anyone help me?

--
[1] http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=12&l2=44&l3=0&model=460&modelmenu=1

	root at wlhdd:/# cat /proc/cpuinfo
	system type             : Broadcom BCM947XX
	processor               : 0
	cpu model               : BCM4710 V0.0
	BogoMIPS                : 82.94
	wait instruction        : no
	microsecond timers      : yes
	tlb_entries             : 32
	extra interrupt vector  : no
	hardware watchpoint     : no
	VCED exceptions         : not available
	VCEI exceptions         : not available

	root at wlhdd:# cat /proc/version
	Linux version 2.4.30 (wilhelm at wilhelm-laptop) (gcc version 3.4.4 (OpenWrt-1.0))

[2] http://www.openwrt.org
[3] http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/rc6/
[4] http://downloads.openwrt.org/docs/buildroot-documentation.html
[5] http://www.frontiernet.net/~beakmyn/CrossCompile.htm