[Stackless] Writing a New API Call - getNextScheduled()

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 20:01:16 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 7. April 2008 19:41:25 schrieb Andrew Francis:
> Hello Richard:
>
> --- Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should try introspection some time Andrew.
>
> Thanks for the information Richard. I use
> introspection only when I have good reason too.
> Perhaps it is time for all of us to accumulate tips
> for a debugging page on the Wiki?

While this is certainly a good idea, please be aware that there are a few
things in the stackless interface, that are just implementation details.
The 'next' and 'prev' attributes should not be considered a piece of public
interface. They are there because the tasklets are aranged in a linked list
for scheduling purposes. Indeed, there is really no garantie that the tasklet
that can be reached via the 'next' attribute is really the next. This depends
a bit on how the scheduling is done (schedule vs. waiting on channels).

Cheers

Stephan