[Stackless] Build stackless python for openwrt

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 03:40:55 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Wilhelm Shen <wileishn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08-4-6,Richard Tew<richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Wilhelm Shen <wileishn at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  > Re-make is OK, now I get the python, but just the python not stackless python.
>  >  > I find the stackless module has not been built in.
>  >  >
>  >  > Can anyone help me?
>  >
>  > Stackless at its core relies on having assembly language support for
>  >  stack switching.  If this assembly language support is not present for
>  >  the platform it is being compiled on, then Stackless will compile as
>  >  normal Python instead of having the functionality it would otherwise
>  >  have.
>  >
>  >  You can see this logic here:
>  >  http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release25-maint/Stackless/stackless.h?rev=55048&view=markup
>  >
>  >  Cheers,
>  >
>  > Richard.
>
>  Thank you, now I get my stackless, it works on my asus wl-hdd well :)
>  Here is the patch for stackless-2.5.2:

Thanks a lot Wilhelm, it is always appreciated when people step up and
do the work they need for Stackless, rather than suggest someone else
write it, or just give up on Stackless.  Thanks for contributing back
the patch! :-)

I will check in the switching part of your patch as soon as I get the
chance.  I can't take the rest of it, as they are Python related
changes rather than Stackless related changes.