[Stackless] sys.settrace bug

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Mon Apr 14 23:22:09 CEST 2008

The attached script will trigger an assert in Py_DEBUG builds and an
infinite loop in non-debug builds when run under stackless.  It works as
expected if run with a '--reset-tracer' argument or non-stackless CPython.

The problem seems to be that if a tasklet exits with the tracer function
set to non-None, the runtime will assert.  The tracer can be set to a
function as long as it is set back to None before the tasklet exits.

I did bring up a C debugger to try to look at it, but quickly got
confused because I don't know stackless internals.  I tested with Python
2.5.1 Stackless 3.1b3.

Thanks,

John