[Stackless] Bug in stackless.tasklet C API?

Justin Tulloss jmtulloss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:31:57 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm subclassing tasklets from C. The problem is, it's difficult to
override the setup function. The public c function is PyTasklet_Setup.
This refers to the type table to call the tp_call function. This
probably isn't correct, since it makes code that overrides the tp_call
function recurse infinitely.

This isn't a huge deal since you can do this (more correctly) by
referencing the parent type's tp_call function and calling that.

I just thought I would bring this up since it's slightly deceptive to
call the api function PyTasklet_Setup when it's actually just invoking
type->tp_call()

Justin