[Stackless] Bug in stackless.tasklet C API?

Kevin Kelley kelleyk at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 23 15:48:25 CEST 2008

I had a similar feeling while looking at options for my project.  I
chose to use a custom-written module, implemented in C and exposed to
Python, that handles networking.  The Python script receives a callback
whenever a client connects, and can then set a delivery point for
messages related to that client.  (This can be a deque to which messages
are appended or a channel across which they are sent.)  Messages include
packets received from the client and status updates (e.g., disconnects,
timeouts, what have you).  It does get a bit more complex--I've added an
RPC layer and a broadcast layer, as well as functionality to allow
seamless migration of clients between servers (for load balancing, or
when a server needs to drop out of the cluster).

I don't have firm performance numbers to give you right now, but it
seems speedy enough.