[Stackless] Bug in stackless.tasklet C API?

Justin Tulloss jmtulloss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:34:29 CEST 2008

Sorry Richard, didn't mean to send this just to you!

>  Personally I think it is as good as anything and API name
 >  changes at this stage in Stackless' life (when it is effectively a
 >  stable complete
 >  product) is something we should avoid.

 I agree that the name shouldn't change, I just think it should call
 tasklet_setup instead of referencing the tp_call method.

 >  Any chance you can share with us what you are doing with Stackless?
 >  Anyone else who is doing with Stackless and can share with the list, please
 >  chime in :)

 I'm trying to use Stackless to seamlessly distribute tasks on a
 cluster. Since stackless provides a good framework for setting up
 problems to be parallelized, I'm putting a layer on top that
 distributes tasklets to different nodes in a cluster. It's still at
 the very early stages, but I need something to be functional before I
 graduate in two weeks, so hopefully I'll make some good progress in
 the coming days.

 I'll post the results to the list if I ever get something worth sharing.

 Justin