[Stackless] Thread Migration

Justin Tulloss jmtulloss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:59:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Stackless is not actually stackless.  Tasklets will be using memory
>  from the stack space of the thread they are created on.
>  Reconstruction, preferably via pickling, is the only option.

That's what I figured.

In a related note, are channels thread-safe?

What I'm currently doing is processing messages in one particular
thread. Messages are coming in from a multitude of threads, however,
so I'm putting them on a channel that is read by my stackless
processing thread. Is that safe, or do I need to ensure only one
thread is accessing the channel at a time?

Justin