[Stackless] Channel Deadlock

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 20:01:24 CEST 2008

Hello Justin:

>There are several real OS threads that wait for
incoming >messages and then pass those messages to a
single >stackless thread. This means it's possible
>that all channels will be blocking, since at any time
a >real OS thread might come along and pass a message
into >the thread. Stackless doesn't like this though.
It >thinks it's going into deadlock and throws an
>exception. Is there any way to avoid this?

Another thing that comes to mind is that you may have
to run some form of "pump" to tell the main tasklet
that something is running. I know there recently have
been changes to how threads interact with Stackless.
Here is an url to an example, albeit old, but
illustrates the point.

http://stacklessexamples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/twisted/TwistedWebserverThreaded.py