[Stackless] Inter-process channels

nicolas stein n.stein at internike.com
Fri Aug 29 18:15:38 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I just started to play a bit with stackless examples and idioms.

I'd like to build an architecture with several "engines".

This separation is for clarity, scalability and security (An engine can
die but the others are still working).

Each "engine" would perform a high number of concurrent tasks, that are
conceptually inter-related (clarity).
Stackless seem to be a great choice for writing these engines.

The question is how to have these engines exchanging information as fast
as possible.

I was wondering if something exists to make stackless channels talk
across processes (possibly across different hardwares).
Maybe TCP/IP super-channels ?