[Stackless] Porting stackless Python to Windows CE/Mobile

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:17:46 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Mads Darø Kristensen <madsdk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently in the process of porting Stackless Python 2.5 to run on
> Windows CE/Mobile devices and I would like some advise before I waste too
> much precious time :-)
>
> What I have done is this:
> 1) I have fetched the source code of Python 2.5, PythonCE 2.5, and Stackless
> Python 2.5
> 2) I have created a diff of Python vs. PythonCE (diff -uNr Python-2.5
> Python-2.5-wince)
> 3) I have applied that diff as a patch to the Stackless Python checkout
> 4) I am currently going through the tings that failed during that patch to
> see if I can get it to work...
>
> Is this the right way to do a Stackless port? Am I missing something?

Well, I personally would diff the stackless 2.5 against Python 2.5.
Then apply those changes to the PythonCE.  But, whatever works best
for you.

I would expect the Stackless changes to be more minimal than the
Python CE changes as most of the Stackless code is in the Stackless
sub-directory and there are only minimal changes to the main Python
code.