[Stackless] Stackless Python 2.6.1

Alain Poirier alain.poirier at net-ng.com
Mon Dec 15 18:14:20 CET 2008

Hi Richard,

On Sunday 14 December 2008 20:31:50 Richard Tew wrote:
> I've released Stackless Python 2.6.1.  Enjoy.

Great :) Thanks a lot.

> I'm contemplating stopping building the Windows installers for each
> release.  It takes most of a day to work through all the issues
> involved.  Does anyone actually use these things?

Yes, please keep the Windows installer alive. You can be sure I fully
understand the burden to build it, but I'm also totally sure a lots of
Windows users will never try Python Stackless without an installer
(not even talking about the lack of a standard C compiler on Windows).

For example, we support our Nagare framework on Linux and Windows
with the latest Python Stackless versions. And the installation
documentation for Windows only describes the use of the dedicated installer.

Best regards,
Alain Poirier