[Stackless] Compilation Errors RE: Question abut slprofile.py

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 16:30:52 CET 2008

Hi Kristjan and Colleagues:

I tried compiling the attached files with Python 2.5.1 (I used the tarball and placed the files in the appropriate directories). I received the following errors:

gcc -pthread -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DSTACKLESS_FRHACK=0 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -I./Include -I./Stackless   -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Stackless/module/scheduling.o Stackless/module/scheduling.c
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:159: error: conflicting types for ‘slp_bomb_explode’
./Stackless/core/stackless_impl.h:397: error: previous declaration of ‘slp_bomb_explode’ was here
Stackless/module/scheduling.c: In function ‘schedule_task_block’:
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:596: error: ‘Py_WATCHDOG_THREADBLOCK’ undeclared (first use in this function)
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:596: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:596: error: for each function it appears in.)
Stackless/module/scheduling.c: In function ‘slp_schedule_soft_irq’:
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:769: error: ‘PY_WATCHDOG_SOFT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:780: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘TASKLET_NESTING_OK’
Stackless/module/scheduling.c: In function ‘slp_schedule_task’:
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:836: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘TASKLET_CLAIMVAL’
Stackless/module/scheduling.c:844: error: ‘PY_WATCHDOG_TOTALTIMEOUT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [Stackless/module/scheduling.o] Error 1

What am I doing wrong?